Press Releases« Go back
Mar 21, 2013
Get Kids Movin! Event
The Boulevard at the Capital Centre Embraces “Get Kids Movin!”
Sports Zone Elite to Host an Afternoon of Fitness, Fashion and Fun at The BLVD
The Boulevard at the Capital Centre (The BLVD) will welcome Get Kids Movin! with Chi Chi Monet, a 10-year-old inspirational artist on Saturday, April 6th at The Circle near Restaurant Row. Sports Zone Elite, in collaboration with Think Brown Ink, will debut their outdoor, spring edition of the family-oriented event designed to prevent and reduce childhood obesity.
Inspired by First Lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” initiative, “Get Kids Movin!” aims to create a community of health-conscience youth. The event encourages parents and children to lead healthy lifestyles through interactive physical activity, healthy eating workshops, musical performances and a fashion show.
Event programming will feature:
- Fitness session led by Celebrity Nike Trainer Deanna Jefferson
- Performances by Soul Singer Reesa Renee and Chi Chi Monet, a 10-year-old inspirational rapper/creator of kids anthems “No Bully” and “Move”
- Kids Fashion and Sneaker Show presented by Sports Zone Elite
- Interactive dance session with LaTonya Swann, winner of BET’s Born to Dance and her Seize the Dance Crew
- The Time to B.E(mpowered) EATING Discussion with Recording Artist and Fitness Instructor Green Tea
- Scavenger Hunt presented by WOW Radio
- MECKids Presentation and Virtual Health Challenge
- Children’s activities, giveaways and healthy Easter Baskets
"Nutrition and education remain at the core of the shopping center’s community outreach efforts," said Kenneth Baker, general manager for The BLVD. "We are excited to partner with our retailers on an event that provides healthy tips and demonstrations to inspire area youth."
“Get Kids Movin!” is a free event open to the public. Parents are encouraged to register their children online (www.getkidsmovin.com). For updates, visit getkidsmovin.com, shopcapcentre.com or facebook.com/shopcapcentre.
Follow the conversation on Twitter and Instagram, with the #GetKidsMovin hash tag.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Boulevard at the Capital Centre
Interstate 95/495 at Arena Drive
Exit 16 from the Capital Beltway
For more information or interview opportunities, call 301-324-0514 or email Calista Black (email@example.com).
About The Boulevard at the Capital Centre:
Located in Prince George’s County, The Boulevard at the Capital Centre is a beautiful lifestyle center with national retailers, restaurants, an office building and a 12-screen theater complex. The center is conveniently adjacent to Exit 16 from Interstate 95/495 and the Metro commuter train station. The shopping center is owned by Capital Centre LLC and managed by RPAI US Management LLC., a subsidiary of Retail Properties of America, Inc. For more information, visit www.shopcapcentre.com.