Press Releases« Go back
Oct 24, 2014
The Boulevard at the Capital Centre Celebrates Community Wellness
- The BLVD Presents CHILL.GRILL.HEAL. Fall Street Festival -
The Boulevard at the Capital Centre (The BLVD) will host CHILL.GRILL.HEAL. "A Celebration of Community Wellness", on Saturday, October 25, 2014 from Noon - 4:00 pm near Restaurant Row. The free street festival will unite various organizations around the county including the Prince George's County fire/EMS, health and police departments, nonprofit groups and The BLVD retailers and restaurants.
Event programming will include:
- Grill-off: PGFD vs. PGPD, a tiebreaker rematch for the third annual competition
- Distribution of 10,000-12,000 pounds of free fresh produce by the Prince George's County Health Department and Mid-Atlantic Gleaning Network
- Get Kids Movin' featuring Chi Chi Monet, presented by Sports Zone Elite and Think Brown Ink
- Performances by Will Rap 4 Food, Inc.
- Children's Activities and More
Saturday, October 25, 2014
Noon – 4:00 PM
The Boulevard at the Capital Centre
Interstate 95/495 at Arena Drive
Exit 16 from the Capital Beltway
The BLVD remains committed to partnering with neighboring businesses, nonprofit organizations and agencies to provide resources to the nearby communities. The shopping center embraces events and initiatives that support Prince George's County families with children and seniors in the areas of education, literacy and nutrition.
B-roll/photography opportunities of the event.
For more information or interview opportunities, call 301-955-1064 or email Calista Black (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About The Boulevard at the Capital Centre:
Located in Prince George’s County, The Boulevard at the Capital Centre, is a beautiful lifestyle center with national retailers, restaurants, and a 12-screen theater complex. The center is conveniently adjacent to Exit 16 from Interstate 95/495 and the Metro commuter train station. The shopping center is owned by Capital Centre LLC and managed by RPAI US Management LLC., subsidiaries of Retail Properties of America, Inc. For more information, visit www.shopcapcentre.com.